Kris Van Assche Of Dior Homme's People To Meet: The Incomparable Boy George
“Boy George is, for me, the ultimate reference from when I was a teenager,” Van Assche says, reflecting on the flamboyant star he chose for his SS17 campaign for Dior Homme. “He was screaming, saying that difference was OK - that you could actually celebrate difference - which is so not the mood of the moment now. So I felt like everybody needed a little wake- up call with everything that's going on in the world.” For that delicate boy growing up in provincial Belgium in the 1980s, Boy George - with his hats and make-up and provocative statements - represented an all-important sense of escapism and hope. “I feel like he definitely made a big difference in the lives of many young people in my generation,” Van Assche notes.
Van Assche was just six years old in 1982 when Culture Club released their best-known single Do You Really Want to Hurt Me, but the presence of Boy George throughout the decade - and the new wave movement Culture Club helped spawn - would come to embody Van Assche's understanding of...
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- Cyclops, Horns And Second Heads: Behind-The-Scenes Of Gucci's AW18 Show
- Watch Prada's AW18 Show Live From Milan At 7PM GMT
- Louis Vuitton Reveal The Location Of Their Next Cruise 2019 Show
- Moschino: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Gucci Present Their Joint Women's And Men's Collections For AW18
- No 21: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- This Year's LVMH Prize Semi-Finalists Have Just Been Announced
- Watch: We Are Livestreaming Moschino's AW18 Show From 7PM GMT
- Moncler Genius Unveil Their Debut Collections For AW18
- Christopher Kane: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Roksanda: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Watch: We Are Livestreaming Gucci's AW18 Show Live From 2pm GMT
- Richard Quinn: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Teatum Jones: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Kering And LCF Launch The World's First Digital Course In Sustainable Luxury Fashion
- Miu Miu Present The Latest Chapter In Women's Tales, Directed By Dakota Fanning
- Erdem: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Nicopanda: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Farewell Judy Blame: A Tribute To A Legend
- Chanel Launch New Augmented Reality Initiative With Farf
The headlines of PourElles
The Last Magazine
THE LAST PEOPLE: JORDAN HEMINGWAY'S NEW YORK
Fendi's strong, romantic women rule the catwalk in Milan
Silvia Venturini Fendi and Karl Lagerfeld caught the feminist wave at Milan Fashion Week on Thursday with their emphasis on strong women in Fendi's collection for next fall and...
Lanvin bought by Chinese conglomerate
French luxury fashion house Lanvin has been bought by Chinese conglomerate Fosun for an undisclosed sum.
Stream Blac Youngsta's New Album ‘2.23'
It's February 23 and Blac Youngsta has dropped his new album 2.23. The album is named after how many days it took to make his first $1 million and also a reference to the .223...
The 2018 Way to Wear Neutrals
Here at Who What Wear we've made it clear we thrive on a ‘there's no such thing as too much outfit inspiration' motto. From the coolest ways to style your leather jacket to the...
Justin Timberlake Set to Drop the Air Jordan 3 JTH Online
Released on Nike SNKRS following Justin Timberlake 's Superbowl 52 performance and at the Man Of The Woods pop-up shop in NYC , the Air Jordan 3 JTH has quickly become one of...
Kylie Jenner Reaching out for Help Raising Stormi: "She Can't Cope With the...
Motherhood has certainly been a trial by fire for new mom Kylie Jenner. The 20-year-old welcomed her first child, daughter Stormi Webster, with...
NEW ART WEST MIDLANDS 2018
New Art West Midlands is back! This region-wide celebration of contemporary art showcases the most exciting work from local art graduates, and in 2018 there are some...
Kendrick Lamar And SZA Sued For Allegedly Ripping Off Artist In 'All The...
Lina Iris Viktor claims they used her art in the first "Black Panther" music video.
The Last Magazine
A DIFFERENT KIND OF BEAUTY: AKKI