Kris Van Assche Of Dior Homme's People To Meet: The Incomparable Boy George
“Boy George is, for me, the ultimate reference from when I was a teenager,” Van Assche says, reflecting on the flamboyant star he chose for his SS17 campaign for Dior Homme. “He was screaming, saying that difference was OK - that you could actually celebrate difference - which is so not the mood of the moment now. So I felt like everybody needed a little wake- up call with everything that's going on in the world.” For that delicate boy growing up in provincial Belgium in the 1980s, Boy George - with his hats and make-up and provocative statements - represented an all-important sense of escapism and hope. “I feel like he definitely made a big difference in the lives of many young people in my generation,” Van Assche notes.
Van Assche was just six years old in 1982 when Culture Club released their best-known single Do You Really Want to Hurt Me, but the presence of Boy George throughout the decade - and the new wave movement Culture Club helped spawn - would come to embody Van Assche's understanding of...
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- Giorgio Armani: Pre-Fall 2019
- Elton John and Lady Gaga Design Swarovski Stickers For a GoodCause
- These Are The Winners From Last Night's Fashion Awards, 2018 Edition
- Ten Rounds Up The Fashion Awards 2018 Red Carpet
- Here Is What You Should Expect From Tonight's Fashion Awards
- Coach: Pre-Fall 2019
- Polo Ralph Lauren Launch A Winter Edition Of Their Cult Stadium Collection
- Ten Loves: Givenchy Jaw Trainer
- Chanel: Pre-Fall 2019
- Wild For The Night in Dubai With Gucci
- WATCH: It's SHOWTIME! Take A Look Behind This Year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Saint Laurent Are Bringing ‘Self' to Art Basel in Miami, Courtesy of Vanessa Beecroft
- Versace: Pre-Fall 2019
- Forget Winter Wonderland, This Is The Greatest Christmas Market Coming to London
- Dior: Menswear Pre-Fall 2019
- WATCH: Dior Men's Pre-Fall 2019 Show by Kim Jones Is Live From Tokyo
- This Year's Edition Of RCA's Secret Postcards Exhibition Is Up For Grabs
- Meet Sophia Hadjipanteli - A Face From 10+ Issue One That's Pushing The Standards of Beauty
- Ten Loves: Alexander McQueen Small Jewelled Satchel
- WATCH: Dior Light-Up Their Paris Flagship Boutique With A Festive Look
The headlines of PourElles
How to edit your instagram photos (Apps + before after) ♡
Hello guys! ♡♡ This article is about editing apps that you can use to edit your photos. Below you can find examples of how I edited some of my photos and what apps did I...
Ellen DeGeneres Considering Ending Daytime Talk Show In Near Future
The comedian's wife Portia de Rossi has encouraged her to pursue other projects.
Tristan Thompson Calls Son Prince His ‘Twin' In Touching Birthday Post: I'm...
Happy birthday, Prince Thompson! Tristan Thompson‘s precious little boy turned two years old on Dec. 12, and the NBA baller took to Instagram to share a rare photo and a sweet...
Glittery Reindeer Boobs Are The NSFW Holiday Look Of The Year
Still wondering what to wear to your next ugly sweater party? Christmas is less than two weeks away, which means it's officially crunch time - and stores shelves are probably...
Karen Walker Pre-Fall 2019 Lookbook
Longines Watches 2018 La Grande Classique by Sam Bisso
Koche Pre-Fall 2019
Ty Hunter Talks GREEDILOUS and Hyundai Collab
Interview with Ty Hunter On a recent night in Los Angeles, a group of fashion and entertainment VIPs gathered at StyleNite , a unique event from Hyundai hosted by renowned...
30 Great Gifts To Grab While They're On Sale
For those who view shopping as a legitimate sport, finding a good deal is key. Be it shopping for an upcoming getaway, hunting for the perfect NYE dress , or yes, even holiday...
Unforgettable New Year's Eve Celebrations to Toast 2019
Celebrate New Year's Eve in style at these lavish events taking place around the world. From seeing Rita Ora perform in a Maldivian idyll to dancing the night away on a rooftop...
Ty Dolla $ign Makes a Surprise Appearance on YG's 'Stay Dangerous' Tour
Earlier in the week, we reported that Ty Dolla $ign may be facing up to 15 years in prison due to two felony drug charges , but that hasn't stopped him from living his best...