Louise Dahl-Wolfe's First UK Retrospective Comes To The Fashion & Textile Museum
“Louise Dahl-Wolfe changed the landscape of fashion photography forever,” says Oliva María Rubio, curator of the photographer's latest retrospective at London's Fashion & Textile museum, Louise Dahl-Wolfe: A Style of Her Own. It's a European retrospective long overdue - for someone of her acclaim, Dahl-Wolfe's fame has has never expanded much beyond her native United States.
And the breadth of her work speaks for itself - during her prolific twenty-two years at Harpers Bazaar, the main focus for this show, Dahl-Wolfe amassed eight-six covers, six-hundred colour plates and over two thousand black and white images. And whilst the numbers are impressive, her enduring legacy remains her transformation of the way that America fashion was viewed - her photographs a declaration that it existed in its own right and no longer relied on imports from Paris. As Smithsonian curator John Jacob said: “she did not so much discover the new American style as she embodied it.”
The style is unmistakeable. It has that air of...
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- Dior Beauty Release Backstage Collection
- Gucci To Show Spring/ Summer 2019 At Paris Fashion Week
- Watch: We Are Livestreaming The Dior Cruise Show From 7pm
- Vivienne Westwood Will Show In London In September
- 2018 ANDAM Prize Finalists Have Been Announced
- Tommy Hilfiger Announces Hailey Baldwin And Winnie Harlow As New Faces
- BFC Fashion Trust Announces 2018 Grant Recipients
- Louis Vuitton Confirm Nicolas Ghesquière Will Remain At The House
- Ten Loves: Versace Chain Reaction Trainers
- Ralph Lauren To Be Honoured At 2018 CFDA Awards
- Valentino: Resort 2019
- Roberto Cavalli: Resort 2019
- Victoria Beckham Designs Scott's Summer Terrace
- Off-White Men's Pre-Spring 2019
- Interview Magazine Closes
- Ten Loves: Saint Laurent Book Bag
- Ten's Royal Wedding Lowdown
- Givenchy: Pre-Spring 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence Stars In Dior's Fall 2018 Campaign
- Cannes 2018 Red Carpet Round-Up
The headlines of PourElles
After Turning Himself In, Harvey Weinstein Is In Custody Of The NYPD
Update : Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance has filed charges against Harvey Weinstein. As per a media release, bail has been posted at $1 million. As of today, Weinstein...
Nike launches new Be True collection celebrating the LGBTQ community
Nike has unveiled its 2018 Be True Collection, which celebrates the LGBTQ community. The collection features colors and symbols that have been reclaimed and repurposed by the...
Meghan Markle's Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Wedding
Meghan Markle's Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Wedding Details The new Duchess of Sussex incorporated the good luck charms into both her looks.
Dean Blunt produced an A$AP Rocky track with Frank Ocean and Lauryn Hill
A$AP Rocky finally released his long-awaited third studio album, Testing , today. The album features many heavyweight artists, but also some more underground names - most...
Pete Davidson Says His Mental Illness Doesn't Ruin Romance
The "SNL" star reacted to criticism that he shouldn't date Ariana Grande because of his borderline personality disorder.
Raf Simons to Show at Paris Fashion Week for SS19
With the news of Gucci's decision to leave Milan for Paris Fashion Week , Belgian designer Raf Simons has also announced plans to show his Spring/Summer 2019 collection in the...
Anthropologie launches first continental European store
INTERVIEW span> In 1970 Dick Haynes, together with his roommate Scott Belair, opened their first store selling only second hand clothing, furniture, decor, and jewelry. The...
172 Memorial Day Sales to Shop This Weekend
Memorial Day weekend has arrived, so cue the sweet scent of newly applied sunscreen and fresh-off-the-grill hot dogs. The holiday is the unofficial start to summer and has...
James Corden And Adam Levine Get Pulled Over During 'Carpool Karaoke'
It was bound to happen.