Louise Dahl-Wolfe's First UK Retrospective Comes To The Fashion & Textile Museum
“Louise Dahl-Wolfe changed the landscape of fashion photography forever,” says Oliva María Rubio, curator of the photographer's latest retrospective at London's Fashion & Textile museum, Louise Dahl-Wolfe: A Style of Her Own. It's a European retrospective long overdue - for someone of her acclaim, Dahl-Wolfe's fame has has never expanded much beyond her native United States.
And the breadth of her work speaks for itself - during her prolific twenty-two years at Harpers Bazaar, the main focus for this show, Dahl-Wolfe amassed eight-six covers, six-hundred colour plates and over two thousand black and white images. And whilst the numbers are impressive, her enduring legacy remains her transformation of the way that America fashion was viewed - her photographs a declaration that it existed in its own right and no longer relied on imports from Paris. As Smithsonian curator John Jacob said: “she did not so much discover the new American style as she embodied it.”
The style is unmistakeable. It has that air of...
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- Ryan Lo: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- We're Streaming The Ports 1961 Show Live From The Tate At 1PM GMT
- Watch: We Are Livestreaming Burberry's AW18 Show Live From 5PM GMT
- Richard Malone: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Mulberry: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Matty Bovan: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Gucci Unveil Their Protest Themed 2018 Pre Fall Campaign
- Watch: Behind-The-Scenes Of Our Prada Profile Cover Story Shoot For The Latest Issue Of 10 Men
- Watch: Behind-The-Scenes Of Our Prada Profile Cover Shoot Down Under
- Marc Jacobs: Ready-to-Wear AW18
- Moncler Launches The Moncler Genius Design Collective
- Anya Hindmarch Is Taking Over London This Valentine's Day
- Ermenegildo Zegna Unveil The Latest Chapter In Their Defining Moments Campaign
- The BFC Have Just Announced Their Vogue Designer Fashion Fund 2018 Shortlist
- Coach Present Their AW18 Co-Ed Show In New York
- Raf Simons Reveals His AW18 Men's And Women's Collections For Calvin Klein 205W39NYC
- Proenza Schouler Release Their Debut Fragrance, Arizona
- WATCH: Behind-The-Scenes Of Our Cover Story Shoot In Greece
- Watch: We Are Livestreaming The Calvin Klein 205W39NYC Co-Ed Show From 1AM GMT
- Carolina Herrera Presents Her Last Ever Runway Collection
The headlines of PourElles
Every Look From Burberry's February 2018 Collection
On Saturday, all eyes were on Burberry as the company's final collection under Christopher Bailey's tenure debuted in London. Bailey, who announced his departure from the...
ASICS Combines Orange & Blue Accents on Its Latest GEL-Lyte III
After getting a mid-top makeover for a brand new HAVEN collaboration, ASICS 's fan-favorite GEL-Lyte III is back in its prototypical low-cut form for a brand new release...
Everything We Loved At Molly Goddard's AW18 Show
It's day two of London Fashion Week, and first up at the Topshop show space was London designer Molly Goddard. Keep scrolling for everything we loved from the AW18 show... THE...
Watch the Burberry Runway Show Live From London
Last season, Burberry's show during London Fashion Week attracted a particularly high-caliber guest list, with Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, and Cara Delevingne all in attendance...
This Is Why You Don't Ask Jamie Foxx About Katie Holmes
The actor made his move at the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game.
Mulberry: Ready-to-Wear AW18
A right old romp through aristocracy. Mulberry was in the heartland of Englishness, a futuristic setting at the historic Spencer House. Perfect for a collection that was all...
Madame Figaro China
JW Anderson, Raf Simons, OAMC & More Catch a Spotlight in New Union Los...
Union Los Angeles recently released images of its brand new Spring/Summer 2018 editorial, which goes on to highlight some of the biggest names in contemporary fashion...
WakandaCameToSlay! Fans Are Seeing Black Panther in Outfits Inspired by the Film
The wait is finally over for Black Panther ! Fans flocked to theaters beginning Thursday night to see the monumental Marvel film after waiting months for its release, and as...
NYFW Makeup Pros Dish on How to Get Picture-Perfect Skin
It's a myth that all New York Fashion Week models have perfect skin. They've got zits, visible pores, oily t-zones, under-eye circles, and dry patches like the rest of us. In...