Louise Dahl-Wolfe's First UK Retrospective Comes To The Fashion & Textile Museum
“Louise Dahl-Wolfe changed the landscape of fashion photography forever,” says Oliva María Rubio, curator of the photographer's latest retrospective at London's Fashion & Textile museum, Louise Dahl-Wolfe: A Style of Her Own. It's a European retrospective long overdue - for someone of her acclaim, Dahl-Wolfe's fame has has never expanded much beyond her native United States.
And the breadth of her work speaks for itself - during her prolific twenty-two years at Harpers Bazaar, the main focus for this show, Dahl-Wolfe amassed eight-six covers, six-hundred colour plates and over two thousand black and white images. And whilst the numbers are impressive, her enduring legacy remains her transformation of the way that America fashion was viewed - her photographs a declaration that it existed in its own right and no longer relied on imports from Paris. As Smithsonian curator John Jacob said: “she did not so much discover the new American style as she embodied it.”
The style is unmistakeable. It has that air of...
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- As Their Latest Exhibition Opens, Five Of Gilbert & George's Most Rebellious Moments
- Giorgio Armani On. Richard Gere
- A Rick Owens' Retrospective Is Opening In Milan Later This Year
- Alessandro Michele And Designers Unite For Kering's Campaign For Women
- Juergen Teller Presents A Trio Of Works As Part Of A New London Exhibition
- Power And Legacy: Alexander Fury Speaks To Giorgio Armani
- Here Are The Looks From The 2017 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- The Road To The Runway: The Final Fittings
- Our Music: The New Calvin Klein Jeans Campaign Stars Stars Solange
- Kris Van Assche Of Dior Homme's People To Meet: The Incomparable Boy George
- The 2017 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Is Today
- Top Ten: Jeremy Scott Picks Tells Us His Most Favourite Things
- Kris Van Assche Of Dior Homme's People To Meet: Actor Rami Malek
- Azzedine Alaïa Remembered
- Family Gathering: We Talk To Photographer Tierney Gearon About Her Latest Series
- The Saatchi Gallery Celebrate Russian Protest With Art Riot: Post-Soviet Actionism
- Gucci Launch Their Gift Giving Campaign With Artist Ignasi Monreal
- Kate Moss Rides A Chopper For Saint Laurent's Latest Film
- Kris Van Assche Of Dior Homme's People To Meet: Fashion Show Producer Etienne Russo
- We Talk To Anita Corbin About Her Upcoming Show Visible Girls: Revisited
The headlines of PourElles
Topshop's Viral Biker Jacket Has Officially Landed In The Black Friday Sale
We were hoping this would happen! Okay, we're officially obsessed with Topshop Black Friday deals. Ever since the brand launched their sale earlier this week, we've been busy...
Mfpen Favors Understated Looks for Fall/Winter 2017 Campaign
Danish brand mfpen has unveiled its new campaign for the Fall/Winter 2017 season. The brand is known for its loose-fitting clothing, pairing the well known color scheme...
Maison Margiela and Mackintosh Drop Capsule Trench Coat Collab
Maison Margiela is the latest brand to work with Mackintosh , creating a new capsule collection of trench coats. The label's staff lab coats have long been an iconic piece in...
Get An Extra 50% Off The Outnet In Their Pre-Black Friday Sale
These savings are ridiculous, TBH In case you haven't noticed, it's Black Friday TOMORROW. Happily for us, plenty of brands have kicked things off early. We've been keeping our...
Balenciaga Teams up With Dover Street Market London on Triple S Exclusive
Balenciaga's Triple S has been one of the most popular and contentious silhouettes of the year. Now the brand has teamed up with Dover Street Market London to create a brand...
The 4 Best Coordinated Couples Outfits of 2017
We love seeing some of our favorite couples on the red carpet (or any other fancy outing, for that matter), partly because we can't wait to see how they coordinate their looks...
The One Thing You Should Never Wear With Ripped Jeans
The art of pulling off ripped jeans comes down to one important trick: Don't pair them with other distressed items. Since the denim style already lends streetwear edge to any...
424 Drops All-Black COOGI Sweater for Black Friday 2017
Los Angeles streetwear imprint 424 , under the FourTwoFour on Fairfax concept shop, is dropping a special edition all-black COOGI sweater for Black Friday 2017. The...
SWAROVSKI ANNOUNCES A CRYSTALSFROMSWAROVSKI HOLIDAY POP UP SHOP IN NEW YORK...
CrystalsfromSwarovski Pop Up - Bright. Shiny. Things. Swarovski, the world leader in precision cut crystal, announces plans to open a holiday pop up shop at Chelsea Market. A...
Discover Urban Outfitters' Faux Fur Jackets + Black Friday Sale
Urban Outfitters Men's Faux Fur Jackets Urban Outfitters' Black Friday sale just may make you throw caution to the wind. The retailer offers a buy one, get one 50% off special...