Meet The Six Female Artists Shortlisted For The Max Mara Art Prize For Women
After what has been a bad week regarding treatment of women in the creative industries, here's something to restore a little faith in the world again in the form of the Max Mara Art Prize for Women. The prize, established by the Whitechapel Gallery in collaboration with the fashion group in 2005, aims to promote and support female talent that is all too often stifled in favour of their male counterparts.
“For many years women artist had worked under the radar.” says Iwona Blazwick OBE, Director of the Whitechapel Gallery and one of the prize's judges, “but due to this great prize, artist of different generations have been given the opportunity to spend formative months exploring Italy; and the resources to create a major new commission that situates them on the world stage”. That's right, the winning artist, announced early next year, will be awarded a six-month residency at locations around Italy, where they will develop a project to be shown in major solo exhibitions at Whitechapel...
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- Ten Loves: Givenchy Jaw Trainer
- Chanel: Pre-Fall 2019
- Wild For The Night in Dubai With Gucci
- WATCH: It's SHOWTIME! Take A Look Behind This Year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Saint Laurent Are Bringing ‘Self' to Art Basel in Miami, Courtesy of Vanessa Beecroft
- Versace: Pre-Fall 2019
- Forget Winter Wonderland, This Is The Greatest Christmas Market Coming to London
- Dior: Menswear Pre-Fall 2019
- WATCH: Dior Men's Pre-Fall 2019 Show by Kim Jones Is Live From Tokyo
- This Year's Edition Of RCA's Secret Postcards Exhibition Is Up For Grabs
- Meet Sophia Hadjipanteli - A Face From 10+ Issue One That's Pushing The Standards of Beauty
- Ten Loves: Alexander McQueen Small Jewelled Satchel
- WATCH: Dior Light-Up Their Paris Flagship Boutique With A Festive Look
- All Aboard The Marni Ark, A 2018 Christmas Charity Project
- 032c Apparel Debut Womenswear With A Rave-Inspired London Show
- WATCH: Dior Light-Up Their Paris Flagship With A Festive Look
- Rimowa Are Selling Luggage Stickers Helping The Environment
- Valentino: Pre-Fall 2019
- WATCH: Valentino's Pre-Fall 2019 Show Live from Tokyo
- Miuccia Prada Is Getting The Outstanding Achievement Award at the Fashion Awards 2018
The headlines of PourElles
How to edit your instagram photos (Apps + before after) ♡
Hello guys! ♡♡ This article is about editing apps that you can use to edit your photos. Below you can find examples of how I edited some of my photos and what apps did I...
Hailey Baldwin Hilariously Stumped By Justin Bieber-Themed Lie Detector Question
Better brush up on those answers, girl! In a recent episode of Carpool Karaoke, the new Mrs. Justin Bieber, Hailey Baldwin, and close pal, Kendall Jenner, got up to a lot of...
Meghan Markle Was A Daddy's Girl Before Their Falling Out, Thomas Markle Reveals
Though Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is now living a completely different life from the one she used to know, it seems as though some aspects of her past will continue to...
Alla Carta Magazine
Alla Carta Magazine November 2018 Cover
Advent Calendar Day 9: Meguru Yamaguchi 'OUT OF BOUNDS NO.93' Painting
Meguru Yamaguchi is a Brooklyn-based artist known for his sprawling sculptural paintings of brushstrokes. The Japanese creative calls his signature technique “Cut & Paste.” The...
Advent Calendar Day 9: Maison Margiela Bomber Jacket
Maison Margiela 's Italian-made bombers remain a seasonal favorite, and MATCHESFASHION.COM elected to get in on the action with this Rust Orange variant, designed exclusively...
Robert de Niro is back as Robert Mueller on ‘SNL'
Robert de Niro reprised his role on “Saturday Night Live” as special counsel Robert Mueller with a warning about the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election. In a...
Harper's Bazaar Kazakhstan
Harper's Bazaar Kazakhstan December 2018 Cover
Nick Cannon Defends Kevin Hart By Posting Old Homophobic Tweets from Female...
In an attempt to defend Kevin Hart , who stepped down from hosting the Academy Awards following a backlash over his past homophobic comments , Nick Cannon has resurfaced old...
John Kelly Will Depart As Chief Of Staff, Trump Tells Reporters
President Trump's Chief of Staff, John Kelly , will leave the job by the end of the year, the President announced on Saturday. “John Kelly will be leaving - I don't know if I...