Prada Unveil The Restored Rong Zhai Villa In Shanghai
Story time: many moons ago, in the Jing'an district of old Shanghai, the esteemed mercantile family of Yung Tsoong-King held residence in Rong Zhai, one of Shanghai's finest Western-style garden villas. Mr. King was, after all, The Flour King of China. But now the historic house has got a new, altogether more fabulous resident, in the form of Miuccia Prada. Not the lady herself, we're sure she's very happy in Milan, but her brand - almost 100 years later, the house of Prada will be re-opening the site as a hub of cultural activities that will be open to the public.
The meticulous restoration programme, which begun in 2011 together with architect and renovation specialist Roberto Baciocchi, is now complete, and serves as an emblem of Miuccia Prada's admiration of Chinese aesthetic heritage and her deep commitment to the city of Shanghai, as evidenced by Prada's recent Resort show at the site. “Prada has always drawn inspiration from the arts, not least of all architecture.” said Miuccia of the new maison....
The last Posts from "10 magazine"
- Dior Beauty Release Backstage Collection
- Gucci To Show Spring/ Summer 2019 At Paris Fashion Week
- Watch: We Are Livestreaming The Dior Cruise Show From 7pm
- Vivienne Westwood Will Show In London In September
- 2018 ANDAM Prize Finalists Have Been Announced
- Tommy Hilfiger Announces Hailey Baldwin And Winnie Harlow As New Faces
- BFC Fashion Trust Announces 2018 Grant Recipients
- Louis Vuitton Confirm Nicolas Ghesquière Will Remain At The House
- Ten Loves: Versace Chain Reaction Trainers
- Ralph Lauren To Be Honoured At 2018 CFDA Awards
- Valentino: Resort 2019
- Roberto Cavalli: Resort 2019
- Victoria Beckham Designs Scott's Summer Terrace
- Off-White Men's Pre-Spring 2019
- Interview Magazine Closes
- Ten Loves: Saint Laurent Book Bag
- Ten's Royal Wedding Lowdown
- Givenchy: Pre-Spring 2019
- Jennifer Lawrence Stars In Dior's Fall 2018 Campaign
- Cannes 2018 Red Carpet Round-Up
The headlines of PourElles
After Turning Himself In, Harvey Weinstein Is In Custody Of The NYPD
Update : Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance has filed charges against Harvey Weinstein. As per a media release, bail has been posted at $1 million. As of today, Weinstein...
Meghan Markle's Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Wedding
Meghan Markle's Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Wedding Details The new Duchess of Sussex incorporated the good luck charms into both her looks.
Pete Davidson Says His Mental Illness Doesn't Ruin Romance
The "SNL" star reacted to criticism that he shouldn't date Ariana Grande because of his borderline personality disorder.
Raf Simons is returning to Paris this season
After Gucci yesterday revealed it would be presenting its SS19 show in September in Paris rather than Milan, Raf Simons has today announced that he will also present his next...
Shutters on the Beach Celebrates 25 Years With Summer-Long Celebration
Santa Monica-based hotel Shutters on the Beach is celebrating its 25th birthday this year with an all-summer long celebration that includes the Rosé Beach bar (featuring the...
172 Memorial Day Sales to Shop This Weekend
Memorial Day weekend has arrived, so cue the sweet scent of newly applied sunscreen and fresh-off-the-grill hot dogs. The holiday is the unofficial start to summer and has...
Burberry SS19 Pre-Collection
James Corden And Adam Levine Get Pulled Over During 'Carpool Karaoke'
It was bound to happen.
Harvey Weinstein to surrender to police after being charged in New York