American Apparel is coming back to UK, guys!
American Apparel is back - this time without the uncomfortable, hyper-sexualised imagery.
The brand packed up shop in the UK in 2016, after going into administration and years of battling criticism over its near-pornographic treatment of female models.
But it's now been relaunched online under the leadership of an all-female board.
Its new campaign, created by UK agency Thinking Juice, is taking a different approach.
The brand's new owner, Gildan Activewear, says that will American Apparel will still be sexy, the goal this time isn't to sexualise or exploit women but rather to treat models of both sexes equally.
‘We don't believe in covering up,' Sabina Weber, head of brand marketing at Gilden,... Read the full story
The last Posts from "Metro"
- How to get rid of puffy eyes
- Not to alarm you, but authorities have found poo in counterfeit makeup
- J.Lo is releasing a makeup collaboration with Inglot
- Plus-size model speaks out about being the ‘token curvy chick' in the fashion industry
- Tinie Tempah and Modus Vivendii's capsule collection is true African fashion excellence
- 14 plastic-free Lush products that aren't bars of soap or bombs
- Model with psoriasis wants to inspire people to love their skin
- People reckon Sephora's new makeup sponge looks like a penis
- Forget the weird brow trends, nose art is the next big thing in beauty
- 11-year-old girl relentlessly trolled for having thick eyebrows
- These colourful jelly sandals are fruit scented
- Future queen consort Kate Middleton must follow a strict fashion rule at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding
- Missguided and Pretty Little Thing now have an airport outfits category
- The Lazy Oaf x Vans collaboration is as cool as expected
- We can't decide if these temporary tattoo wedding favours are cute or gross
- This company claims to have revolutionised the flip-flop
- Balenciaga is at it again with this £645 plastic bag shirt
- Lush's Dream Cream keeps selling out after a mum said it magically fixed her baby's eczema
- Why are you wasting so much money on razors? I've used the same clippers for 10 years
The headlines of PourElles
How to edit your instagram photos (Apps + before after) ♡
Hello guys! ♡♡ This article is about editing apps that you can use to edit your photos. Below you can find examples of how I edited some of my photos and what apps did I...
Kim Kardashian Defends Khloe Amid Tristan Thompson Cheating Scandal
He reportedly stepped out on Khloe with Jordyn Woods, who recently broke her silence.
Parcoats Florence Debuts With Its First Outerwear Collection
Parcoats Florence Debuts With Its First Outerwear Collection Represented by GUITAR Advertising & PR. A synthesis between Parka and Coat in the plural. A new generation of...
R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
R. Kelly was officially charged with 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse in Cook County, Ill. this morning , TMZ and Chicago Sun-Times report. His first court date...
Check Out All the Things Kylie Jenner Has Given Jordyn Woods Over the Course...
After news broke of Tristan Thompson cheating on Khloé Kardashian with Jordyn Woods, many were shocked to find out that the Instagram model, 21, betrayed her best friend Kylie...
How To Hack Your Oscars' Night Food Orders - According To Grubhub
With one of the biggest award-events of the season around the corner, we've got food on the brain - because if there's one thing that excites us more than the red carpet , it's...
The Hollywood Beauty Treatments A-Listers Swear By Before The Oscars
Celebrities : They're not just like us. And there's no time of year when that fact is more apparent than during awards season (or what everyone outside of L.A. calls “winter”)...
Lamar Odom's Reacted to Khloé Kardashian & Tristan Thompson's Breakup & It...
What's the best thing you can do for someone in times of struggle? Wish them well. And that's exactly what Lamar Odom did. Lamar Odom's reaction to Khloé Kardashian and Tristan...
These 50+ Nail Ideas Will Shamrock Your St. Paddy's Day
If you're worried about getting pinched by a leprechaun this St. Patrick's Day, add some shamrock green to your outfit with a festive manicure. Go for a leprechaun, four-leaf...
Ditch the popcorn for luxe dining at these NYC movie theaters
Would you like a side of truffle fries with your Oscar bait? Movie theaters all over New York City are upping their concessions game, offering more than just commonplace...
Daniel Lee Makes Runway Debut As Bottega Veneta Creative Director
Last June, it was announced that Daniel Lee (formerly director of ready-to-wear at Céline) would succeed Tomas Maier as creative director at Bottega Veneta and today the...