American Apparel is coming back to UK, guys!
American Apparel is back - this time without the uncomfortable, hyper-sexualised imagery.
The brand packed up shop in the UK in 2016, after going into administration and years of battling criticism over its near-pornographic treatment of female models.
But it's now been relaunched online under the leadership of an all-female board.
Its new campaign, created by UK agency Thinking Juice, is taking a different approach.
The brand's new owner, Gildan Activewear, says that will American Apparel will still be sexy, the goal this time isn't to sexualise or exploit women but rather to treat models of both sexes equally.
‘We don't believe in covering up,' Sabina Weber, head of brand marketing at Gilden,... Read the full story
The last Posts from "Metro"
- How to get rid of puffy eyes
- Not to alarm you, but authorities have found poo in counterfeit makeup
- J.Lo is releasing a makeup collaboration with Inglot
- Plus-size model speaks out about being the ‘token curvy chick' in the fashion industry
- Tinie Tempah and Modus Vivendii's capsule collection is true African fashion excellence
- 14 plastic-free Lush products that aren't bars of soap or bombs
- Model with psoriasis wants to inspire people to love their skin
- People reckon Sephora's new makeup sponge looks like a penis
- Forget the weird brow trends, nose art is the next big thing in beauty
- 11-year-old girl relentlessly trolled for having thick eyebrows
- These colourful jelly sandals are fruit scented
- Future queen consort Kate Middleton must follow a strict fashion rule at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding
- Missguided and Pretty Little Thing now have an airport outfits category
- The Lazy Oaf x Vans collaboration is as cool as expected
- We can't decide if these temporary tattoo wedding favours are cute or gross
- This company claims to have revolutionised the flip-flop
- Balenciaga is at it again with this £645 plastic bag shirt
- Lush's Dream Cream keeps selling out after a mum said it magically fixed her baby's eczema
- Why are you wasting so much money on razors? I've used the same clippers for 10 years
The headlines of PourElles
How to edit your instagram photos (Apps + before after) ♡
Hello guys! ♡♡ This article is about editing apps that you can use to edit your photos. Below you can find examples of how I edited some of my photos and what apps did I...
Your Virgo Horoscope For 2019 Is Here
Are you ready to get comfortable, Virgo? Jupiter will inhabit your fourth house of home and family for almost all of 2019. But the planet of luck and expansion won't be alone...
The 'Mary Poppins Returns' Costumes Are Just as Magical as the Movie
"It was the first movie I saw - a long time ago," says "Mary Poppins Returns" costume designer Sandy Powell, about the original 1964 classic children's film starring Julie...
Kith Teases All-New adidas Terrex Collaboration
Following on from its BE RBRICK release , KITH has now given a first look at an upcoming collaboration with adidas Terrex. The new release comes after KITH and adidas Terrex...
Ryan Keating Rocks Leather Fashions for Essential Homme
Ryan Keating takes to the streets of New York with an editorial for Essential Homme. Sporting leather fashions from the fall-winter 2018 collections, Ryan appears before the...
2018 fashion recap: most important news of the year
2018 was certainly an eventful year for the fashion industry: high-profile mergers and acquisitions, big retail players struggling to keep afloat, fashion designers buying back...
The Carry-On Essentials That Will Make Your Flight 10 Times Better
Now that the holiday season has officially started, it won't be long before you find yourself flying across the country and around the world to spend time with your loved ones...
Tom Hanks, Geena Davis and the Cast of A League of Their Own Remember...
Tom Hanks , Geena Davis and the cast of A League of Their Own bid a final goodbye to their director Penny Marshall . Hanks, 62, commemorated the Laverne & Shirley actress in a...
Selena Gomez Leaves Treatment After Hospitalization and Enjoys Snowy...
More than two months after Selena Gomez checked into treatment after suffering an emotional breakdown while in the hospital, a source confirms to PEOPLE the star is now back...
Christmas Classic ‘Elf' Is Officially 15 Years Old! See The Cast, Then And Now
If you're a child of the nineties, it probably feels like just yesterday that you were cracking up watching Will Ferrell's hilarious adventure to find his dad in the holiday...
Kosas' New York City Pop-Up
Kosas' New York City Pop-Up Finally, New Yorkers can experience Kosas IRL The brand that every editor loves for their no-makeup makeup days is setting up shop in Soho, but only...